Housing Options - Moving to a different social housing property

If you already live in social housing or a property owned by a housing association but want to move to a different property or area there are several things you can do:

  • Apply to Homes Plus to join the Housing Register. This is a Choice Based Lettings Scheme called Homes First. If you are under occupying or over occupying your home you may be entitled to be in a higher band than usual. This will increase your chances of getting re-housed.
  • Join the Homes Plus Mutual Exchange list. This list allows you to swap your social house with another social housing tenant.
  • Join the National House Exchange list where you can also look for properties outside of Stafford Borough.

A to Z of Services