Length of walk: Approx 5 miles
Duration of walk: Approx 2-4 hours
Good place to start: Bridge Street, Town Centre
Notes: Can be muddy, subject to flooding
- Go down steps at the side of Green Bridge (Bridge Street). Walk along the footpath to the second footbridge.
- Cross this bridge, turn right and walk beside the River Sow past ASDA. Go under Riverway Bridge and on towards Fairway.
- Cross Fairway, descend the steps to a kissing gate and walk along the river bank until you reach a footbridge.
- Use the bridge to go over the fence. Then turn left across a field to another bridge, this one over the River Penk. Beyond this, follow a line of hawthorn trees on your right to two stiles on either side of a track, to reach the Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal.
- Turn right along the canal towpath, go under the railway bridge and Baswich Bridge. After about 200m turn sharp right onto a footpath/cyclepath.
- Cross the footbridge and go over the River Penk again. Continue straight on round a water pumping station and under the railway. You will soon reach the road near the St Leonard's Works.
- Turn left, to return to St. Leonard's estate or cross the road and walk beside the cycle track to Fairway Bridge where you rejoin the riverside path and walk back into town.
If you notice any changes with the walk, please make a note of the number and what the change is and email it over to us so we can make sure the directions are up to date.
To print the walk details above, right click and print or go to file and print.