Do I need Planning Permission?

If you're thinking of making changes to alter or enlarge a single house (including works within the garden and boundary) you can find out whether you need to apply for planning permission by using the Interactive House tool on the Planning Portal.

Advice about other developments is also available on the Planning Portal.

If you think you might not need planning permission, it’s worth finding out more about Permitted Development Rights first. 

A to Z of Services