We will continue to carry out collections where it is considered safe to do so.
If we can't collect your bins or blue bag because of the bad weather
- Please put your bins/blue bag out for collection on the scheduled days.
- If they are not collected please leave them out. They will be collected as soon as it safe to do so. Saturdays and Sundays may also be used to catch up collections where possible.
- Although the road and pavement conditions may improve significantly, service catch up across the borough can take a few days to complete.
- If we have not emptied your bin for more than one collection, bagged side waste will be taken from beside that bin on the next scheduled collection.
Roads during bad weather - bin lorries
The roads may be too dangerous to bring bin lorries along and could put pedestrians, children, other vehicles and our own crew at risk.
Even though the road appears clear the pathways may be dangerous for our crews to collect bins.
An increase in parked cars on streets during bad weather can also stop vehicles getting into or out of a street safely.
Advice regarding waste and recycling in the event of a service disruption
- Double bag food waste, disposable nappies and other perishable waste. Once cooled, pour fats, drippings and grease into glass jars or plastic bottles with lids.
- Remove any recyclable or non-perishable waste from your green bin to allow more storage for food waste or disposable nappies.
- Make use of home compost bins for vegetable and fruit peelings, tea bags, cardboard and paper if one is available to you.
- Rinse out and securely bag excess recycling, this waste will not perish or smell and can be stored safely away from combustible materials. Excess recycling will be picked up once the collection rounds have resumed if more than one collection has been missed.
- If it is possible for you, make use of the Household Waste Recycling Centres to dispose of excess waste. In times of bad weather please call 0300 111 8000 or check Recycling centres - Staffordshire County Council to make sure the sites are open before you set off.