Elected in 2019, James lives within the Swynnerton and Oulton ward. James grew up in Haughton attending King Edward VI High School before going onto university to study Political Science before making his way back to Stafford in 2008.
Working for a global company called NetApp Inc. Limited, a Nasdaq listed company on the New York stock exchange, as the UK and Ireland Retention Specialist Manager. James’ career has seen him previously work in the Borough for a former Sunday Times Top 100 company, the town’s previous MP Jeremy Lefroy and the local mental health hospital for the NHS.
On a personal note, he and his wife enjoy walking their 3-legged rescue dog, he enjoys squash and tennis in his spare time, as well as spending time with family and friends.
Bringing his experience to the council now, James has a number of key priorities that he strives to focus on:
- Represent his ward at the Borough Council
- Boosting business and employment opportunities
- Promote Stafford Borough as a destination to invest and stay
- Encourage greater ambition rather than just accepting average results
- Working with community groups and other elected officials
Making himself available wherever possible, James prides himself on being approachable and encourages residents to contact him on any matters or issues which may concern them.