Housing Options - Applying for Social Housing

The Housing Register (Choice Based Lettings - Homes First)

We no longer own any council housing but we work with Stafford and Rural Homes (SARH) to offer customers access to social housing.  SARH manage our Housing Register, which is a Choice Based Lettings Scheme (CBL). This scheme gives you a greater say about where you want to live so you can apply for properties rather than just being assigned one.

To apply for a home you will need to first register with Stafford and Rural Homes. You will be asked to answer some questions about your housing need and other personal and medical factors to help decide which of the four bands you fall into.  Whether you are housed in a particular property will depend on which band you are in, how long you have been waiting and who else has applied for this home. If your situation or needs change you must let Stafford and Rural Homes know as this may affect your banding.

Other local Housing Associations also advertise properties on the Stafford and Rural Homes website.  However, not all available properties in the Borough are listed and so you should look to register with all of the Housing Associations.


Tel: 01785 619000
Email: housingadvice@staffordbc.gov.uk

Send Online Enquiry

Drop-in Session: Civic Centre
Mon - Fri 9.30am – 11.30am

How do you rate this page?