Councillor Frances Beatty MBE, JP, ARAgs
|Councillor:||Frances Beatty MBE, JP, ARAgs|
|Contact Telephone:||01785 240667|
|Councillor Fax:||01785 619119|
|Postal Address:||Willoughby, 1 Newbolt Walk, St George's Parkway, Stafford
I am married with four daughters and currently five grandchildren; and have lived in Stafford all my married life. My background is as a business advisor and parliamentary lobbyist - as Midlands Director of the Country Land & Business Association (CLA) particularly working with small businesses, farmers and foresters - and running my own business.
My various roles bring me alongside a wide range of agencies, voluntary organisations and people. I have broad interests and Board level experience across education, environment, economy and social sectors, including currently:
- Cabinet Member for Planning and Regeneration, Stafford Borough Council;
- Chair Cannock Chase Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) Joint Committee.
- On behalf of Staffordshire and Stoke Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) – Staffordshire representative to Defra’s national LEPs Rural Roundtable Forum.
- Chair Staffordshire Rural Affairs Forum (advisory arm of the LEP).
- Rural Affairs Forum representative to Staffordshire ESIF committee (EU funding).
- Non-executive Director of Engaging Communities Staffordshire. ECS aims to bring together public engagement and research, information provision, advocacy and customer feedback services for the health and social care sector in Staffordshire.
- Secretary of State appointee to Peak District National Park Authority (Board).
- Peak Park Authority representative on Destination Staffordshire, the county’s Tourism Economic Partnership.
- Midland Heritage Champion for English Heritage.
- Trustee William Salt Library in Stafford, a unique archive of Staffordshire history.
- Trustee Staffordshire Yeomanry Museum, housed in the High House, Stafford.
Magistrate since 1980.
Previous Board positions: Harper Adams University; Stafford and Rural Homes; Staffordshire Ambulance Trust, Staffordshire Crimestoppers; Government Food and Farming Panel, responsible for industry responses to government on agri-food, economic and environmental policies. I have been involved extensively in food/farming initiatives for Government with schools, education authorities on healthy eating.
I can always be contacted by leaving a message with my husband Michael at home on 01785 240667, on my mobile 07877 896466 or by emailing me at email@example.com
I hold the following position(s) within my political group:-
I am a member of the following committees:-
|Cabinet||Planning and Regeneration Portfolio|
|Chief Executive Appointment Committee|
|Planning & Regeneration Scrutiny Committee (now replaced by Community Services Scrutiny Committee)|
The following is a list of dates of committees upon which I am presently a Member, click on the meeting to get the agenda, reports and minutes.
|04/05/2016||Cabinet (6.30pm)||Planning and Regeneration Portfolio|
|11/05/2016||Chief Executive Appointment Committee (9.00am)|
|14/05/2016||Council (Mayor Making) (10.30am)|
|23/05/2016||Council (Appointments) (7.00pm)|
|02/06/2016||Cabinet (6.30pm)||Planning and Regeneration Portfolio|
|08/06/2016||Chief Executive Appointments Committee (9.00am)|
|27/06/2016||Chief Executive Appointment Committee - 26 and 27 June 2016 All Day|
|11/07/2016||Cabinet (10.00am)||Planning and Regeneration Portfolio|
|26/07/2016||Special Council (6.30pm)|
|04/08/2016||Cabinet (6.30pm)||Planning and Regeneration Portfolio|
|01/09/2016||Cabinet (6.30pm)||Planning and Regeneration Portfolio|
|20/09/2016||Special Council (6.30pm)|
|06/10/2016||Cabinet (6.30pm)||Planning and Regeneration Portfolio|
|03/11/2016||Cabinet (6.30pm)||Planning and Regeneration Portfolio|
|08/12/2016||Cabinet (6.30pm)||Planning and Regeneration Portfolio|
|05/01/2017||Cabinet (6.30pm)||Planning and Regeneration Portfolio|
|19/01/2017||Cabinet (6.30pm)||Planning and Regeneration Portfolio|
|02/03/2017||Cabinet (6.30pm)||Planning and Regeneration Portfolio|
|25/04/2017||Council as Trustee of the Izaak Walton Cottage Trust Meeting|
|02/05/2017||Cabinet (6.30pm)||Planning and Regeneration Portfolio|
|13/05/2017||Council (Mayor Making) (10.30am)|
|22/05/2017||Council (Appointments) (7.00pm)|
Click here for an archived list of all previous committee meetings this councillor may have attended.