Community Safety in Stafford Borough
Stafford Borough Safer Communities Partnership (SCP) work together to ensure that the Borough continues to be a safe place to live, work and socialise. The partnership focus on a prevention and early intervention approach to tackling issues in the Borough.
Did you know that during 2015/16:
- a comprehensive Supporting Schools Programme was formulated and written based upon academic evidence. This was implemented in five schools across the Borough
- 15 sanctuaries were supported allowing victims and domestic abuse to remain living securely and more confidently in their own home and community
- proactive multi agency approaches to tackling anti social behaviour were introduced and 13 Community Protection Notice (CPN) warning letters have been issued and 4 full CPN's issued and 1 closure notice
- 42 referrals received into the HUB project and support provided for issues relating to substance misuse; homelessness; accommodation support and anti social behaviour
A safe, attractive and vibrant Borough is very important to our residents, which is why we continue to work with our partners to ensure a reduction in crime levels in the Borough. The partnership priorities for 2015 - 2017 are:
- Tackling Crime and Anti-Social Behaviour (incorporates all aspects of locality crime and ASB including substance misuse, domestic and sexual abuse and prevention of extremism)
- Reducing Re-offending
The SCP work closely with the Office of the Police Crime Commissioner. The Police Crime Commissioner allocates funds via his Locality Deal Fund to fund initiatives that help to reduce crime in the local area. For more information please go to the Police and Crime Commissioner of Staffordshire's website.
How do you rate this page?